Friday, July 21, 2017

"If You Love Me."

7/21/17 for 7/4/17              rebeccacreates2012@gmail.com

Loving God Greatly ~ Sold Out, Bible Study, Week 3

Read: John 14: 15-26, SOAP 14:22-23


John 14:15-26King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Dearest Father in Heaven,

Sometimes when I read your words, I am completely blown away.  I do not know if it's because there is a moment of lucidity, or just what it is.  But sometimes things just become very clear...You have so much love for us, love that is not based on how we perform, love that is just love.

All of these verses attest to this, and they also speak to the issue that the disciples had to deal with.  You had told them that you where leaving.  Albeit just for a time, but they didn't understand this.  They didn't have the book, like we do.  You told them that you would leave a comforter for them, a comforter that would live inside of them, inside of us.  And again they didn't understand.

Thank you Father for these words, words that speak to our open hearts and minds. Words that you give to us, that when we open our mouths we might speak the words that you give us to speak, that we may attest to the love that you have shown us and the love that lives within us.

In Matthew 22 it reads: 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

S ~ John 14: 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. KJV
S ~ John 14: 22 Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “Lord, how can it be that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?”
23 Jesus answered him, “Those who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and my Father and I will come to them and live with them.  GNV
S ~ John 14: 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said, “Master, why is it that you are about to make yourself plain to us but not to the world?”
23-24 “Because a loveless world,” said Jesus, “is a sightless world. If anyone loves me, he will carefully keep my word and my Father will love him—we’ll move right into the neighborhood! Not loving me means not keeping my words. The message you are hearing isn’t mine. It’s the message of the Father who sent me. MSG
I think sometimes having various versions right in front of us gives us a better shot at truly comprehending what our Lord is trying to convey to us.
O ~ What do I observe about these verses, that the disciples are concerned, plan and simple. Oh let's not leave out a bit of confusion.  But I must say this for the disciples, they were capable of accepting what you were saying to them and accepting it, with a thought, they just accepted. 

~ How might we be as accepting as the disciples?  Have you ever considered how a person breaks a habit.  They replace it with a new habit.  I have heard it said that if you do something three times that that will make it easier to commit to doing it again  as a habit. Also this form of thinking allows us as people, to just do it.  Make up your mind to just accept and just do it.

~  Father God you are so good to us, give us the wisdom we all need and the ability  to make our minds work for us as you would have these minds to work.  I know Daddy that you gave us the freedom to choose, help us to always choose you.  In your precious name I ask you these things.  Amen











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.