Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sanctification and Salvation

7/29/17                              rebeccacreates2012@gmail.com                                                        

Dear Father,  

I was having a conversation  the other day with a gentleman about the two words in this title.  And although I know what salvation  is, I realized I really didn't know what sanctification is and/or what part if any it plays in our Christian lives.   So I decided I needed to take a closer look at this word, what it means, what it means as far as our Christianity, does it have a baring on us and if so what is that baring.

According to Bible Study Tools,  at http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/sanctification/  The Greek word translated "sanctification" (hagiasmos [aJgiasmov"]) means "holiness."   So this word means to become holy, the process of becoming holy.  Now we all know there is but one who is Holy and that is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, our Triune God.  
So when we become born again, when we invite Christ to abide within us, we are to become like little Christs. So how do we do this? When you read the Great Commission:

Matthew 28:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
We have also been taught that God is Love.  If we look at 1 John 4 there is so much great instruction from the Father, I was going to copy some here for you, but it would be better to just look it up and read it. To put it quite simply, we are to love.  You all do know this is a choice, right, just like walking with Christ is also a choice.  The big choice is do you, I, us, walk with Christ always, every day, every minute, that is what "always" is?  
Being born again and asking Christ to come into your heart is really the most wonderful gift we can ever receive from God.  I was actually going to say something different, but I was prompted by the Father to say what I just said instead.  Now what is the best gift we can give to the Father?  How about being sanctified? As our gift to the Father.  Leviticus  11:44 For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
That's pretty clear, wouldn't you say? Or there is Matthew 5:48...(a little more difficult) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.  
Father you are the ultimate example of sanctification. Thank you Father for this  example of what we are to look like.
Love you Father,
Rebecca 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.