Thursday, March 14, 2013

Anointed

What does it mean to be anointed?   We'll first of all let's look at what our friends Merriam Webster has to say:

anoint

 transitive verb \ə-ˈnȯint\

Definition of ANOINT

1
: to smear or rub with oil or an oily substance
2
a : to apply oil to as a sacred rite especially for consecration
b : to choose by or as if by divine election; also : to designate as if by a ritual anointment <critics anointed the author as the bright new talent>
— anoint·er noun
— anoint·ment  noun

Well the first thing you will probably notice is that even though I put in the word anointed I was given the definition for anoint. We'll that is okay as well, and I checked a couple of sources and the same thing happened, but I still ended up with the same definitions so all is good...

Did you know there are 104 places in the bible where the word anointed appears in the Bible, and that we are God's anointed.  Just like David was God's anointed.

The direction that I want to go with this is, oh dang that devil, he just got me side-tracked for just a second and I lost my train of thought.  But I got it back!
Where ever it says in the Bible that God is pouring out His spirit, He is anointing us who are His children.

Acts 2:17-21

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’[a]
Isn't God's word exciting.  I love to receive epiphany's. Last night at church, with it being Wednesday I was in my "Women of the Word class". And this is what we were looking at.  We are working our way thru the book of First Samuel.  And when you look at the lives of Saul and David being anointed is very interesting...the devil is not to touch God's anointed and Saul and David are both anointed (see 1 Samuel 9:27 and 16:1). So think about this.   

We are also anointed so since we are anointed the devil can play havoc with us by our surroundings and various issues but he can't touch us.  We are God's anointed....spend some time on this thought why don't you...and while 
 you are doing this, find someone to bless.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.