Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Important Person to Me.

To protect the privacy of others the names and locations have been changed.

Today is story day!  I am going to tell you a true story, of something that happened quite a few years back and this story shows how much of a gentle-woman my Aunt is.  My Aunt Ceinwen had recently moved to a new home in the outskirts of E-town, into a very lovely and older development.  After arriving in this new area on a pleasant evening, there was a knock on Aunt Ceinwen’s front door.  Well first of all I must tell you that my Aunt is the kind of women that other women look up to and hold in very high esteem, and I must admit that I am one of these women.  At any rate my Aunt went and answered the door and there was a fairly well dressed woman, on the other side of the door, asking to use my Aunt’s phone.
Well my Aunt detected alcohol on the woman’s breath and decided that she wasn’t going to let this stranger come into her home and use the phone, however my Aunt Ceinwen told the woman that she would be more than happy to place a call for her.  My Aunt didn’t know this woman and with the smell of alcohol on her breath my Aunt was certainly not going to allow this stranger in.
I defiantly think that this was the right call on my Aunt’s part, however this women didn’t appreciate this very much, and she had some words for my Aunt. 
The woman left and found a different solution I suppose.
My Aunt was invited to a charitable organization’s dinner, while at the dinner my Aunt was seated near a woman that she didn’t really know, and the woman said to my Aunt Ceinwen, “You don’t remember me do you?”  And my Aunt told the woman that she did look somewhat familiar, and the woman went on to tell my Aunt that her car had broken down, near my Aunt’s home and that she had stopped to ask my Aunt if she might use her phone.  Ah yes, my Aunt remembered and she told the woman that she was sorry, but she was new to the area, at that point, and that she certainly wasn’t going to allow, a strange women, who was drunk, and that she didn’t know, come into her home and use the phone.
There were others around at this dinner party, and needless to say my Aunt did a superb job of quelling the situation.  Aunt Ceinwen has never been one to waste words, she speaks plainly and precisely.  And she has no difficulty getting her point across to those around her.
My Aunt has never been a flamboyant person, as long as I have known my Aunt she has always been the epitome of a lady.  Always dressed nicely, even when she had work to do and very importantly my Aunt always dressed modestly.
I had the great fortune of being able to live with my Aunt for approximately a year when I was a child and I believe that, that was a very good thing for my sister and me, our mother had a spill with a horse and had ended up in the hospital for an extended amount of time.
My Aunt Ceinwen and my Uncle Harry reared three wonderful children and although Uncle Harry is no longer with us, my Aunt is enjoying her life with her three children close by as well as a couple of their spouses and grandchildren.
I consider myself extremely lucky to know this fine and upstanding woman and I very much look forward to seeing her again quite soon, to introduce her to one of my newest grandchildren.
Do you have someone in your life that you consider yourself luck to know? 
I have had a handful of people like this who have walked thru my life and so does my husband, tomorrow you will be hearing a story about someone who was very important in his life.
Now our time is growing near to the end for this morning and I hope that you all can go and be a blessing to someone and that you are able to spend time with God this fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.