Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Are You a Child of God, Part II


Winter, January 2011
 Can you tell that I just love to take pictures, and pictures of God’s creation. If you haven’t figured this out you will as you continue to come back day after day and see what I have to say. Do you see my Goats? Well actually they aren’t my goats, they are Gods, I am just their caretaker, God made sure I had them for my enjoyment, and believe me I do enjoy them.

Actually if you think about it…everything we have is the Lords. We own nothing! If you just think about this for a moment, this is pretty awesome. Wow! It is even inspiring, because…is there something in your life that you don’t take particularly good care of? Ugh! There is for me. And since Everything is Gods, aren’t we doing a disservice to God by not taking proper care of whatever IT may be? Oh phooey! I had better get my act together. I have a lot of things I need to improve upon.

Now if you are a child of God’s, and you spend just a moment, and think about the previous paragraph, I am sure that there will be at least one thing that you can put your finger on that really can use improvement. I can think of several. That’s why I said, “ Oh phooey!” If you can’t think of any, well then what are you doing here…you must be perfect and you belong up there with God!

There are so many areas of our lives to look at, like our homes, do they shine for Jesus? Now if you have children, I can understand, because your children are only little once. But what about me, my children and are all grown and out of the house, that is why I have a dog and two goats. My house should be spotless, it’s not! My kitchen sink should be empty, it’s not! My car should be clean inside and out, it’s not. I could go on but I am feeling so overwhelmed it’s not even funny.

Well I think when I am done with my writing to you this morning I will at least straighten up my desk…if I do one extra thing each day, then I can minimize what needs to be done. After all I am living for God! I want my Daddy in heaven to be proud and happy with me and with what I do. Hmmm “Kirsten, Kirsten…do you hear me?” Yes Daddy. “I just want you to know that I am happy with you! You have a good heart, and a servant’s heart… most of the time. And if your house doesn’t sparkle as does mine, don’t fret, I know that you have little free time and that when you do have a moment you will work on the responsibilities that I have placed in your care, Okay?” Yes Daddy, and Thank you for being there.

The Farm Next Door, January 2011

I do believe, one of the most awesome parts of being a Christian or child of God, or whatever you want to call it…is if you listen and are quiet, He will talk to you as He just did me. And they aren’t all amazing off the hook conversations, sometimes they are as simple as I just wrote out. Sometimes we just have to be still and listen…God will speak!

Well I really pray that if you can not pin point a moment in time that you asked Jesus to live in your heart, I really do ask you to do just that! It isn’t difficult to do and you will be amazed at the changes that will occur in your life. And believe me when you are true to God you will occasionally have tribulations, because the devil doesn’t want us to give ourselves to God, Life can be so sweet, when God is your Abba, your King, your Daddy, as He is mine.

I know, I know, I must go get ready for work and find someone to bless, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.