Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Conversations with God

To me this is what God is like.  A beautiful flower, and one of the really wonderful things about flowers, is they are always present, you may not be able to see them all the time, but they are always there.  Just like God, He is always there.  But, is your faith always there.  I think sometimes we wander a little bit far from God and our thoughts are not always as they should be…..as soon as this occurs and we recognize this we need to tell the devil to take a hike and get back to our glorious Father, the Father who’s is constantly their, just waiting for our return.
Okay I know what some of you may be thinking, but that isn't true.  Yes  this is a weed, but who is to say that the top flower isn’t also a weed.  I am not really sure what kind of flower it is.  But think on this; do you know what Phlox are,  they are the pretty flowers that we plant that are very attractive to humming birds…they are also all along the highways, usually they are white and pale purple in color, are those weeds?
Anyway like I was saying God is everywhere so why not have constant conversations with God.  I do, and people may think me a little dotty, but I only care what my God thinks.  I must admit that my conversations are usually not out loud and they usually occur just between me and God in my head.  I am sure you know what I mean.
What do you consider prayer to be?  It is a one sided conversation with God.  It is the way that we are taught to speak to God.  Do you remember…”Now I lay me down to sleep…” That is how we were taught, and please don’t think that I think this is a bad thing I do not.  Remember we are to have milk, before we have solid food, and we are told that in the Bible.  But when we are past milk we need to stop having the one sided prayers and open the door  W I D E  and invite God to participate in these conversations.  I am sure that there are many who don’t really want to do this because they don’t want to know what God has to say.  Does this describe you?  If it does, do you have a reason for not wanting God to participate?  If you do, maybe you need to clean up your act and behave as you know that you should, you know, behave like your Heavenly Father wants you to behave. 
Do you curse?  I know that’s a tough one for a lot of people.  But it is not impossible to stop.  You just do it.  You don’t try to do it; you just affirm in your mind that you are not using bad language anymore! Period!  And don’t tell me that you can’t because you are around it at work….I have been in several situations where I have been around it at work and I do not curse.  I won’t say that I haven’t occasionally had a slip, but when that has occurred, I immediately tell the devil to be gone, because for just that split second I have let down my defenses, and ask my Father's forgiveness.  We can do anything we put our minds to.  Our Father has given us this ability, and what an awesome ability it is!  But, the key to this is doing it with the strength of Jesus Christ.
All we have to do is call on the name of Jesus, when we are in a tough situation.   Call out Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.  Just call His name.  It is... there are no words that can sufficiently describe what Jesus is capable of doing for His children if we but call out His name.  God is just so good.
Do you remember the story in the bible were the women told herself that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus’ robe she would be healed?  And what happened?  Jesus felt His healing powers go down a little bit, and turned and said to the crowd, “Who touched me?”  And the women said that she had, because she knew she would be healed if she could just touch Jesus’ robe.  And Jesus said to her, “women your faith has made you whole.”  Just believe.  And read Gods word so that you can know Him.  It doesn’t do a whole lot of good to have very private conversations with a stranger, and the one way that is available to us to get to know God is by reading His word.
I am sure there are those out there that think me to simplistic...but to me, a relationship with Jesus doesn't have to be extremely deep.  I don’t need to be a bible scholar to know that Jesus loves me.  However it is great to know that there are bible scholars out there, that I can turn to with questions.   It is wonderful that one a few of my children are very learned when it comes to the bible.  I can go to them for answers to questions that I have, or to Miss Virginia, she is a wonderful person to go to with questions, and she wouldn’t say she is a bible scholar, but I think all of us in her class would disagree; Virginia has a very discerning eye.  She sees things in the scriptures that it is really easy to miss.
And on this note it is time for my daily baptism, for those of you who don’t know what I mean, think about it, and go be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.