Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Are You a Child of God?


January 2011
 As we grow from infancy to young adult and then into old age we take many things with us...our baggage, if you would.  We learn so many things from our parents and acquaintances as we grow up; we pick and choose which items to carry along with us.  This is, I believe how we decide who and what we are and what we want to be...Now I will ask you are you a child of God?

If you say yes to this question, then I will ask the next question?  Are you a born again Christian...Can you remember a specific moment in time (not necessarily the date) when you actually said to God,  "I want Jesus to live in my heart."  I can, it was May 2, 1989 and I was in the bathtub getting ready to go to a revival meeting at Denver Bible Church, in Denver, Pennsylvania.    It was a very tearful moment between me and Jesus.  And it was a moment I will never forget.  If you can remember a specific moment in time, then I believe you are good to go...if however there is no specific moment that you can remember, and you just "feel" that you asked Christ to take up residence in your heart.  I want you to think about something.  Feelings can play havoc with us...and the truth is really what is important.  Now I am not doubting that you feel you are a Christian, but when you consider the absolute necessity of the truth, I don't think that I would take the chance.

This is my favorite tree!
Something that Pastor Don Wolabaugh said a few weeks back,"Truth is with us all the time, feelings not so much,"  Feelings are what give us a warm cozy feeling inside, however the truth of God is what will take us to Heaven.  Has a person, other than your husband, (or wife) ever said I love you, to you...and then some time goes by and you think about this and realize that, that person really didn't love you, and that it was just a feeling, a feeling that you can now see that this other person was play-acting.  It's really not very nice when people treat each other in this fashion.  But my point is this, that was a feeling and not a fact of truth.  Love is a choice.  You can choose to love someone or not. 

And this does go back to our baggage.  What you choose to bring with you from your growing up time and from previous encounters, helps us to decide what kind of person we will be. 

My growing up time wasn't always the most pleasant, but I don't choose to allow that to mold me, rather I have chosen some other paths to walk, because I don't want to walk down the paths that my mother and father walked down.  And I am not saying that all their choices were bad or good, mine are just different....My mother would never have been as bold as I am,  and that was fine for her, but not for me.  I think that we will continue on this path tomorrow.  And for now I will go and try to find someone to secretly bless.  How about you!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.