Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Art of Timothy





Today I want to introduce you to my husband the wonderful, Timothy Allen Smith.  As most of you know my husband and I met on the Match.com, back in Sept. of 2003, and that we married in May of 2004.  However we didn’t actually live at the same address until about March of 2005, children and school was a key factor here.
It wasn’t until we were in the same house that Tim was able to recommit himself to painting.  Unfortunately he still doesn’t spend as much time on his art as I would like, but when you have an acre plus of land around your home and other  commitments it’s tough, he is spread a little thin, but winter is coming and that seems to be a good time for Tim to paint.  These plaques that you see are some of what really got the ball rolling again for Tim's painting.  I really like them.  They depict St. Nickolas.  Just look at the expression isn't it wonderful.  Well I think it is, but then Tim says I am prejudice.  well so what if I am, everyone needs a cheerleader, and who better than your wife!
The Main title of this blog is,"is Speed Good,"  I can actually say I don't think so, I believe that the faster that we move thru life the less, good things we absorb, and the more people we invite into our lives the less we are able to devote to really true and good friends. 
Anyway speed isn't good when it comes to Tim's paintings,  they take time and love and effort on his part.  I have the easy task, I take the the pictures.  Since it's fall here are a couple of fall paintings.....
And the finished painting...Isn't this just lovely?  Just look at the detail.  Oh in case you are interested the above is the Mabry Mill.
And this is the Babcock Mill, I think this one is in Virginia, and it is one of the most photographed mills in the country.  And it's easy to see why.
Now we will go to some winter scenes, and these also make wonderful, old time type Christmas cards.  This first one is my absolute favorite of all of Tim's paintings.

This is obviously when it was in process.
It was very slow at first, I think the trees took about two weeks, maybe more....

Well I must add one more before I get ready for work,  and if any of you are interested you can go to my husband web site to see some of the rest of his work.
              http://tim-smith.artistwebsites.com/
This painting of St Nicholas was inspired by the plaques, and my husband wanted to show who and what the real St Nicholas was all about.  I think that this painting does just that, don't you?
Tomorrow I will be writing to you about some other things that have recently been brought to the for front of my mind and I will intersperse some more of my husbands work along with the writing.  So until tomorrow, go and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.