Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Your Future Spouse

                                                Practise



Do you talk to God? 

Do you pray?

Do you read the bible?

Do you have conversations with God?

Do you spend time with fellow believers?

Do you talk to your spouse?

Imagine your spouse is a writer, do you read his books?

Do you spend time with your spouse and common friends?        

Have any of you heard of the Marriage of the Lamb?  

 

Revelation 19:7-10 (New American Standard)

Marriage of the Lamb
7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” 8 It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean ; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9 Then he said to me, “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’ ” And he said to me, “These are true words of God.” 10 Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus ; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
Who do you think is marrying the Lamb?  This was always a bit of a stumbling block to me until I received the right kind of teaching that helped me to understand that we as believers are who are marrying the Lamb.
This is why we are to keep ourselves pure.  This is why we are to stay in conversations with God, how can you get to know someone that you are to be married to if you don’t have conversations with them.  This is why we are to read God’s book; so that we can know Him more!  Consider that the book is written by your husband to be, wouldn’t you want to read it!  I would, I have a hard time getting Tim to type his own comments (so if you every get a comment from Tim consider yourself amazing lucky) so if Tim wrote a book I would gobble it up!  So let’s gobble the Bible up. Your husband to be is the author!
I have touched on this before and I will touch on it again…Do you have a servants heart?  I am trying very hard to have a servant’s heart all the time!  But it isn’t easy.
Sometimes it is hard to cope….we have had a long and physical day at work.  We are tired.  We are hungry.  Our words are a little short, just a little, but short none the less.  These are the times when we must pay extra special attention to out words, our looks on our faces, and our body language.
It is amazing to me how quickly we learn to shut someone up with just a glance.  This behavior, if you want to have a servant’s heart, needs to be unlearned.

                                              Practise for the future.



If you are married, you have to have a servant’s heart, and a willing servant’s heart.  What good is something done begrudgingly?  Do all things as unto God, because really you are.  God watches us constantly, He is everywhere all the time, He hears everything you say and sees everything you do, and knows your thoughts probably before you do!  If you are having trouble with this concept, try holding a small cross in your hand 24/7.  Keep it with you constantly, and in your hand as much as possible.  If it is in your hand then you will have to pay attention to it.  If it’s in your pocket, it’s too easy to forget about.  Just try doing this for one day, and see if this doesn’t change your behavior.
Well as usual I have to get ready for work…….you what’s coming!
Go be a blessing, and please don’t let these words become common place to you I mean them, I really want you to be a blessing to someone to day.

How Beautiful is This?

These are servants Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.