Saturday, October 6, 2012

Deity, Expansive, Expensive


What better for this writing than a Light House, does anyone know what lighthouse this is?

Deity
de·i·ty
1:a.  the rank or essential nature of a god : divinity
   b. capitalized : god 1, supreme being

2: a god or goddess <the deities of ancient Greece>

3: one exalted or revered as supremely good or powerful

Supreme Being, that is my God!
This morning, as I usually do, I asked God for His guidance in writing this post.  And when I do get to my computer I do a quick gander thru my newsfeed on FB.  And on one of the Jesus Daily posts, “Knowing the Bible is one thing, knowing the Author is another,” there was a comment that referenced John 1:1; so I looked it up. Chapter 1 of John in my bible says exactly this:
Chapter 1
The Deity of Christ
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(I have an expanded edition of the Open Bible, King James Version)
This just will show you how our minds can work if we let them…..Okay so I read this and pondered on the word Deity, I looked up this word.  And of course you can see what Merriam Webster has to say. 
Are you anchored in Jesus Christ?

This is a very expansive word, not expensive, but expansive.  By that I mean it is a huge word…probably bigger than any of us can comprehend.  (Sort of like, what is the highest number?)  Our God is expansive.  The first definition states: having a capacity or a tendency to expand.  Doesn’t this fit our God to a “T”?  I think it does.  Because our God, with all the babies being born, would have to be able to expand in His love that He is constantly showering over us. And in the fact that God is in all things and with and around all things…this is amazing God is so huge!
Who am I?

Also in the beginning of the previous paragraph I stated that deity is an expansive word and not expensive, but I just had a thought, our relationship with Christ is expensive and it should be, if it is going to be of any value!  Your relationship is expensive in that it may have cost you friends, but really, what kind of friends were they if they left because you decided on a life with Christ.  There may be other reasons why your relationship with Christ is expensive; anything, which is worth something, must cost you a lot!  If it doesn’t what real value is it?
I know there are some things that will occasionally fall across our paths that are very costly and yet have cost us nothing to acquire, however when that does happen I would really pay attention to the surrounding circumstances; because those kinds of things can be really scary.  They can be great, but you can’t hesitate to ask why this occurred.  Just remember nothing is free.
Someone in a previous life once told me that and it is so true!  I don’t think that I have totally felt the truth of this statement yet, but someday I expect I will.
Deity, Expansive, Expensive.  I have just used the last hour to talk about God and these three words and there relationship with God.
I don’t really know if I shared anything that others have learned from in this, but it was an exercise for me.  And now I will look thru my pictures and see what I can find to add to this writing, I hope you all have a blessed day, I know I will be blessed, I am going over to Reading to see my Great Aunt Ruth who is celebrating her 100th birthday.  Wow, I can’t wait to see her and other family that will be there.
It is Saturday, no out of the house work today, and I hope I can be a blessing to someone today, how about you; will you be a blessing to someone this fine day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.