Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Great is our God

The Lord is my Shepherd...I shall not want...all the days of my life, My Lord will be there for me!  To love me, to hold me, to protect me, to keep me warm when the cold winds blow.  Isn't God great?

We had Sandy, the hurricane, go thru our area, Monday afternoon and evening, and needless to say my husband and I didn’t sleep really well, and not because of fear, but because of the constant noise.  It was a bit hard to block out.  And of course the electric went off for about 20 hours, which that was tolerable, a week is a little rough; I’ll take 20 hours anytime.  And then this morning watching the 700 Club, they talked about putting in wells for people who don’t have clean drinking water, just live in the country where you have a well, but the well requires electric to get the water out…you might begin, just begin, to have an appreciation for just a tiny, tiny, bit of what these poor people have to deal with on a regular basis.  And I am not saying these people are poor as in lacking wealth, I am saying poor as in, how sad.  I am sure there is a lacking of wealth but there is also richness in spirit.

That richness in spirit is something we could all use more of.  God is so great and really I think a large portion of the, “educated,” population of the world is aware of this but they ignore it…how sad is this.  I am not an educated person, as in I never went to college; however I have a great deal of life experience.  And I know Jesus!  This to me is worth everything.

People will say to me, how are you today?  And I always (or almost always) give them a very positive answer.  Because I am.  How can you not be great when you have Jesus? 

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

My Pastor, on Sunday, stated, “I like me best when I am with you.”  Do you have any friends like this?  I do…

If you have children, these are the kinds of friends that you hope your children will end up with, however, they don’t always.  I have had experience with my children where I have had to say, okay, you may not spend time with this person or that person because you bring out the worst in each other.  Instead of iron sharpening iron, as in bringing out the best in each other, they dulled each other, and quite literally they dulled each others sense of what is good and right.  This is never a good thing.  So make sure if this is happening in your household right now, have a backbone and put a stop to it!

I am dealing with this in a sense right now, but I can pray.  When you have an older child who is struggling, (as in grown and mostly out of the house) you can pray and ask for our Lord’s help, He is the ultimate parent and He will now be the one to deal with things.  Oh boy!  Watch out!

It took quite a few years, but my oldest child now understands the old adage, “Birds of a feather flock together!”  So make sure that your child is flocking with the right birds.  Because sometimes, as they get older, it is hard to guide and protect them.  They believe that they can manage it all on their own.  And then when advice is asked for you may at times feel like you are spitting in the wind, but if you are asked you opinion, make sure that you give it, your advice may not be taken right away but perhaps it will be stored someplace safe for a time when it will be most needed.  And one final note, make sure that it is Godly advice, it only takes a half a second to say in your mind, “God You speak thru me…”

Go be a blessing to someone today.  And in answer to the bold words above, my friend is Jesus, keep Him always present as He is anyway, but behave and respond that way, you will be amazed at the difference it will make in your life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on what is written here.